I was nervous to leave Conor's family (and laundry services) behind once it was time to drive to the hot springs resort for the wedding. But we were armed with all clean clothes & clean diapers (oh yes, Liam was in cloth diapers for this trip). We had to survive Friday-Sunday without laundry, and then we would be home. I was determined to fully enjoy our vacation, so I tried not to stress and just hoped it would all work out!
The wedding was held at Fairmont Hot Springs which was just one big playground for Liam! He loved the "hot pools" & ginormous water slide! You may be wondering why on earth we let our child in the pool, but he always told us when he had to go, so I wasn't concerned about any pool incidents. Plus, we never would have been able to keep him out of it! A nice hot soak was relaxing for all of us!
After a perfect day at the pools, disaster struck again. While having drinks with all the wedding guests in the lobby, Liam lost his balance and accidentally touched a hot glass panel on the lobby fireplace. He was more upset and in pain that we had seen in him yet. It was just heart wrenching for us to see! He was immediately in pain, and you could see that a couple pads of his palm were red and beginning to blister while we scrambled for ice water to quench the pain. I snuggled Liam & tried to distract him from all the pain while Conor drove into "town" for some pain reliever & burn cream. Conor had a 15 minute drive ahead of him, and the closest pharmacy was closing in... 14 minutes! I was a stressed out mama-bear and just wanted to make all the pain go away. I felt helpless, which was just the most awful feeling!
Luckily, he picked up a couple minutes of time on his drive and into the pharmacy he strolls, just as they are starting to turn off the lights. Conor quickly finds what he needs and turns back towards the entrance to check out. Only then does he realize that the lights are now all dimmed, the security system is beeping to get out, and he is being locked in the store! He had to bang on the first set of, now locked, sliding doors for a few minutes trying to get the worker's attention who was just about to turn the key and head for the parking lot! We're in the middle of what feels like a medical emergency, and my husband is about to be stuck in a middle-of-Montana pharmacy all night! I can't even make this stuff up! Crazy night! But alas, he eventually got the clerk's attention and made it back to us with all the necessities to make Liam as comfortable as possible!
Liam's hand actually healed very quickly and was looking better than we expected by morning. We tried to keep him in good spirits with more time at the pool and some outdoor adventures with the llamas, geese, & miniature horses that were all on the hot springs property! Fun was had and memories were made, but there was still plenty of mud butt! Never-ending mud butt.
That evening I dressed Liam in the cutest outfit for the wedding! We snapped a few quick pictures and then minutes later, just as we were heading out the door, another explosion! Ruined pants, socks, & shoes in one quick second! I had to leave Conor to handle the situation solo, since I wanted to spend time with my best friend before her big moment! Plus, I was a part of the wedding and absolutely could not be late! My boys finally surfaced just minutes before the wedding started; Liam rocking some jeans, the one clean pair of pants we had left! His near Canadian tuxedo was a fashion disaster, but he pulled it off with a bow tie and obviously didn't care one bit! I was a bit nervous to let him bust some moves on the dance floor, because you just never knew when another episode would hit, but he made it through the wedding & reception without any messes, phew! At this point, we were celebrating any & all small victories!